Here it is, guys! My very first recipe video and upload! Thanks for coming by and checking it out.
Now I’m no professional chef, but I can tell you that I love to eat. I love food and wish I had more opportunities to cook up delicious meals, but I am a single mom, I have a full time job, a side business I run and a son involved in all kinds of sports and activities. I am already wearing myself thin on time so finding time to cook a meal are slim to none.
You get the point. I’m busy and I’m sure you are too. This means I gotta be all about simple and fast when it comes to my meals so when it came time to choose a recipe to share with the world, I had to stick with the theme. Mamas, I got you. I’m not trying to make your life anymore complicated or stressful then it already is. Just trying to add a little nutrition and some healthy, tasty ideas that can easily be added to your menu list.
My hope is to cook a meal once a week and share the recipe here on my blog with you. And of course, I’m going to continue to keep with the theme of simple, fast and healthy. My first meal is a Quinoa Breakfast Bowl and this damn thing was so easy to make, my first attempt was a success! It turned out delicious. I ‘m giving myself a rating of 8.5 since I forgot to include fresh basil. Try it out and let me know what you think!
- 1 Large Egg, Room temperature
- ½ Cooked Quinoa
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- ½ Grape Tomatoes
- 1 dash Sea salt (or Himalyan salt), divided use
- 1 dash Ground black pepper, divided use
- ½ cup Chopped Kale, stems removed
- 1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup Fresh Mozzarella (hand torn)
- Bring small saucepan of water to a boil over high heat
- Add eggs; cook for 6 minutes. Immerse egg in cold water for 1 minute. Peel immediately. Slice in half. Set aside.
- While egg is cooking, place quinoa in medium serving bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over high heat until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, 1 pinch and 1 pinch pepper, cook, shaking skillet occasionally, for 3 minutes, or until tomatoes are blistered. Top quinoa with tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Lightly coat skillet with spray. Add kale. Garlic, remaining 1 pinch salt, and remaining 1 pinch pepper; cook; stirring frequently, for 2 minutes, or until kale is slightly charred. Remove from heat.
- Add basil; mix well. Top quinoa with kale mixture
- Top quinoa with cheese and egg.